Pastor Chuck Meathrell
Reverend Chuck Meathrell is a bible teacher, coach, and church planter originally from West Virginia. He moved to Ohio from South Carolina in May of 2020 to become the new pastor at PSDB. Pastor Chuck, his bride (Jessica) and three young boys (Davis, Owen, and Everett) are passionate about the gospel and excited to see what the King is going to do in Pataskala.
Meet Our Church Officers and Board
Our church elects officers at our annual business meeting. Together with the pastor, these people make up the church board which acts as an advisory board to the pastor (as needed) in addition to handling their other defined responsibilities:
- Church President & Vice President: The President presides over regular church business & board meetings; the Vice President will fill in for him as needed;
- Church Treasurer: Manages the church finances, including weekly offering and paying the bills;
- Church Clerk: Takes & distributes minutes from all church business meetings and prepares communication on behalf of the church as needed;
- Sabbath School Superintendent & Assistant: Oversees selection of teachers and materials for the weekly Sabbath School program;
- Corporate Agent: Required legal representative for our church registered within the state of Ohio;
- Appalachian Association Executive Council Reps: Two people to represent our church along with the pastor to meet with representatives of other SDB churches in our regional association of churches;
- Trustees: Six members (2 elected each year for 3 year term) who manage and care for the physical church property (just 1 representative on the church board);
- Deacons: Team elected for 5 year term to prepare & serve communion, manage & distribute a fund for financial assistance needed by the congregation, and provides assistance to the pastor as necessary to care for the congregation (just one representative on the church board).
Many others help out in regular activities and we are proud to say just about everyone who is a regular attender is involved in some ministry capacity. As you look through our website, you will see our church people involved in Sign Ministry, Sabbath School teachers, Praise Band members, Worship Leaders, Pianist, Visual/Sound Booth, leading special Fellowship Events, and more.